We help our clients build and protect their intellectual property, under copyright, trademark, trade secret and other aspects of IP, including:
- Protection of copyright including registrations in Canada and elsewhere;
- Licensing, assignments and other contracts dealing with copyright;
- Due diligence in respect of transactions affected by copyright and other IP;
- Infringement claims and litigation, and advise and opinions regarding potential claims;
- Opinions on chain of title/ownership, including to close financing transactions;
- Rights clearance and content review.
- Trademark searches to determine availability;
- Trademark applications (inside and outside Canada through our connections with international counsel);
- Oppositions (to trademark applications);
- Trademark infringement and passing-off claims;
- Expungement proceedings;
- Trademark licensing;
- Trademark portfolio strategy;
- Domain names.
To view a list of our trademark agents click here
- Patent licensing and other patent related contracts;
- Patent prosecution (using patent agents and lawyers in other national and international firms).