Based in the port cities of Halifax, St. John’s and Saint John, our lawyers provide a complete service to all sectors of marine and transportation activity in Atlantic Canada. We are structured to respond effectively to major casualties. We advise extensively in relation to:
• commercial shipping
• industry, construction and repair agreements
• financing including leasing, conventional and syndicated mortgage financing and multi-currency financing drawn on the European market.
• commercial disputes, including disputes arising under charter parties, construction and repair agreements
• all aspects of fisheries including offshore, inland and aquaculture.
• marine insurance claims, such as P & I cover, marine pollution, hull and machinery claims, cargo claims, shipyard and ship repairers’ claims
• claims arising from collision, salvage, towage and pilotage
Our experience includes representation of operators of an offshore oil drilling rig following its loss with all hands and representation of P & I interests following a tanker breakup resulting in hundreds of pollution related claims.