SEASONED AND SAVVY COUNSEL.
Tom brings to the table extensive legal experience in litigation at both trial and appellate levels, including the Supreme Court of Canada; all phases of labour and employment law; and commercial and corporate matters together with lengthy and varied boardroom experience as a director of many public and private companies. He is well suited to deal with the most complex and unconventional legal and business issues.
Tom’s clients face many challenges related to incorporation, reorganization, financing, initial public offerings (IPO), mergers, amalgamations, acquisitions and divestitures, as well as corporate governance issues.
Areas of practice:
- Owner – Managed Business
- Financial Services
Nova Scotia, 1960
Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
University of Pennsylvania, Post-Graduate Studies, 1959-1960
Dalhousie University, LL.B., 1959
Dalhousie University, B. Comm., 1957
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Trustee & chairman, Audit Committee, Extendicare Real Estate Investment Trust
- Director, Member of Executive Committee, Member of Human Resources and Corporate Governance Committee, High Liner Foods, Inc.
AV Preeminent® (highest peer rating)
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Best Lawyers: Corporate Law, 2013-2015