A valued member of your team.
Twila helps employers deal with all manner of labour and employment issues from absenteeism, including vague medical notes, to disability claims to employees who are poor performers. Her experience lies in drafting appropriate policies, effective implementation and follow up.
Twila’s clients see her as a confidante, someone who listens and is truly engaged in helping them achieve their objectives. She exceeds expectations by offering practical advice and creatively solving current needs as well as anticipating future ones.
Areas of practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Labour and Employment
- Labour Relations
- Litigation – Public Law
- Medical Negligence
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Pensions & Employee Benefits
- Professional Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Workplace Human Rights
Newfoundland and Labrador, 2003
Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
University of New Brunswick, LL.B., 2002
Memorial University of Newfoundland, B.A. (honours), 1999
- Treasurer, Section Executive, CBA National Administrative Law Section
- Chair, Administrative Law Section, NL Branch CBA
- Member, Labour & Employment Section, NL Branch CBA
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
- Member, Human Resource Professionals of NL (HRPNL)
- Member, Canadian Association of University Solicitors (CAUS)
- Director, School Lunch Association, Inc.
- Past Director, St. John's Status of Women Council, 2002-2011