A valued member of your team.
Twila helps employers deal with all manner of labour and employment issues from absenteeism, including vague medical notes, to disability claims to employees who are poor performers. Her experience lies in drafting appropriate policies, effective implementation and follow up.
Twila’s clients see her as a confidante, someone who listens and is truly engaged in helping them achieve their objectives. She exceeds expectations by offering practical advice and creatively solving current needs as well as anticipating future ones. Her clients include:
- Federal and provincial crown corporations.
- Federally regulated companies connected to the oil and gas industry.
- Employers in the health care sector.
- Non-profit government-funded corporations.
- Small, medium and large private employers.
Areas of practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Labour and Employment
- Labour Relations
- Litigation – Public Law
- Medical Negligence
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Pensions & Employee Benefits
- Professional Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Workplace Human Rights
Newfoundland and Labrador, 2003
Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
University of New Brunswick, LL.B., 2002
Memorial University of Newfoundland, B.A. (honours), 1999
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Secretary, Section Executive, CBA National Administrative Law Section
- Member, Canadian Association of University Solicitors
- Member, Human Resource Professionals Newfoundland
- Member, Board of Directors, St. John’s Status of Women Council, 2002 to 2011
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Chair, Administrative Law Branch Section Chair, CBA Newfoundland and Labrador Branch