Clients expect and have the right to receive full value for the fee charged. We have earned a reputation for providing value to business, the public sector and individuals. Service First defines the standards of client service at Stewart McKelvey. Our lawyers and staff hold themselves accountable to deliver the following standards of service to each of our clients:
- We will work to provide you with the highest quality of confidential, ethical legal services.
- We will work with you to develop a full understanding of your business / organization and expectations.
- We will pursue your work conscientiously and without delay. We will work together with you to establish time specific goals and objectives that meet your needs.
- We will delegate work to our lawyers who have the legal expertise and experience appropriate to both the nature and complexity of the matter and our understanding of your expectations. Where deemed appropriate by you, we will designate a qualified lawyer as an alternative service contact to ensure continuity of service when the lawyer responsible for your matter is not available. At your request, we will work with you to develop practical fee estimates. We will always strive to add value.
- At your request we will provide documentation that outlines the scope of the legal services to be provided; the potential timeline for handling the matter; a list of the client team members and alternate service contact, with their fields of expertise; and our lawyers’ contact information.
- We will meet and strive to exceed your expectations and always welcome your feedback. We will from time to time seek from you, either formally or informally, an assessment of our performance.
- We will maintain effective channels of communications including keeping you informed of all significant developments in your legal matter and responding to your contact in a timely fashion.
- Accounts will be easy to understand. We will always be receptive to client feedback on our billing practices. When issues arise, we will treat them seriously and respond promptly.
- If you are dissatisfied with our services, or if you feel we have failed to meet any of these commitments, we ask that you call the service lawyer on your matter, the alternate service lawyer, Regional Managing Partner, Department Manager or Practice Group Leader to discuss your concern. We will honestly and fairly address your concerns.