Through strong and productive relationships, Stewart McKelvey can help facilitate the partnerships between members of aboriginal communities and governments and businesses. Our experience includes:
- Working and advising on projects in the energy and resources sector as part of the regulatory and environmental approval process;
- Advising on engagement reports, protocol agreements, ecological study reviews, liaison committees, consultation duties;
- Accommodation duties, and benefit issues;
- Negotiating directly or indirectly with major stakeholders in the private and public sector, including with respect to mutual benefit agreements; and
- Acting in legal proceedings before courts and tribunals to resolve engagement, consultation, and accommodation issues.
- St. John's