Giles’ job is to help his clients resolve disputes in an efficient and timely way, through litigation, negotiation, or settlement. Giles’ clients include insurers, municipalities, businesses, and employers. Giles’s practice includes:
- Acting for municipalities and their insurers in respect of flooding and injurious affection claims;
- Acting for businesses, directors, shareholders, and public authorities in corporate-commercial disputes;
- Acting for and advising municipalities in respect of conflict of interest allegations, development and real property disputes, and expropriation matters;
- Acting for and advising employers in a range of matters, including discipline, terminations, and employment contracts;
- Acting for insurers in personal injury matters;
- Acting for and advising members of the construction industry in disputes involving competitive bidding and tendering, delay claims, and the design and execution of complex projects.
Giles has appeared in all levels of court in Newfoundland and Labrador, the Federal Court, various administrative tribunals, as well as the Supreme Court of Canada.