Michelle provides sound legal solutions and risk management to corporate commercial clients in a variety of industries including banking, energy, telecommunications and construction. She also works with insurers in such areas as disability insurance, personal injury and property insurance. Michelle has represented clients in commercial arbitrations, Nova Scotia Supreme, Small Claims and Federal Court matters, as well as appeals before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, Federal Court of Appeal, Nova Scotia Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada. Some of the ways Michelle helps her clients include:
- Co-counsel in 1 week trial at Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, successfully representing Canadian bank in getting judgment for fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of the duty of good faith, breach of contract, etc.
- Co-counsel in 7 day out-of-province commercial arbitration, successfully defending Nova Scotia corporation against claims for breach of the duty of good faith, breach of contract, etc.
- Co-counsel in 3 week trial at Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, successfully defending insurer against claim for long term disability benefits.
- Assisting importers with appeals of Customs Act tariff classification before Canadian International Trade Tribunal, successfully defending multi-national corporations
- Defence of disability insurance, personal injury and property damage claims for national and international insurers, as well as self-insured corporations (incl. banks and transportation companies).
- Advice on trademark and copyright litigation issues, including assistance with Federal Court litigation.
- Assistance with multimillion-dollar commercial litigation and arbitrations, in the areas of energy and construction.
- Assistance with debt collection for companies and financial institutions involving multinational assets and parties.