600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English, French, Spanish
Bar Admission(s): Nova Scotia, 2018
Legal Assistant(s): Linsay Newell
Sara works with foreign nationals and permanent residents who are seeking advice on immigration matters. She also assists Canadian businesses involved with the immigration system. Sara:
- Advises clients on their immigration options, from temporary status to permanent residence and ultimately, citizenship.
- Assists clients with the preparation of complex federal and provincial immigration applications.
- Advocates for clients at various levels of the Canadian immigration system.
- Assisting clients in overcoming criminal and medical inadmissibility issues
- Assisting individual clients seeking immigration into Canada as traders, investors, self-employed persons, and entrepreneurs
- Provide industry-specific immigration strategy for companies engaged in the IT sector
- Provide immigration strategies for francophone individuals
- Providing and implementing immigration strategies for corporations and individuals.
- Assisting with Labour Market Impact Applications, Work Permit applications, and Business Visitor documentation.
- Advising on permanent residency options and requirements.
- Guiding employers on their responsibilities when hiring and employing foreign workers.
- Acting as immigration representative on various applications for temporary workers and prospective permanent residents.
- Facilitating the short-term entry of managers and professionals through work permit exemptions.
- Assisting multinational companies in securing work permits for individuals transferring to a Canadian subsidiary for temporary work assignments.
- Assisting companies in securing work permits for highly skilled foreign workers from various countries worldwide.
- Advising employers on how to respond to immigration audits, maintain proper records related to the employment of foreign workers, and obligations as an employer of foreign workers.