Sara advises Canadian and multinational corporations on their international mobility strategies as they navigate the complex Canadian immigration system to recruit international talent. She also works with foreign nationals seeking advice on a wide range of immigration matters, from temporary and permanent residence to Canadian citizenship. Sara is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society, as well as the current Vice-Chair of the CBA-NS Citizenship and Immigration Section. Sara’s experience includes:
Business Global Mobility Advice
- Designing global mobility strategies for business clients.
- Assisting multinational companies in securing work permits for foreign employees transferring to Canadian subsidiaries for temporary work assignments.
- Assisting companies in securing work permits for highly skilled foreign workers.
- Facilitating the short-term entry of business visitors and professionals through work permit exemptions.
- Assisting with Labour Market Impact Applications, Work Permit applications, and Business Visitor documentation.
- Advising clients on their employer compliance obligations with immigration regulations when hiring and employing foreign workers.
- Advising clients on how to respond to immigration audits.
- Assisting employers on corporate due diligence measures to maintain proper records related to the employment of foreign workers.
- Assisting businesses in designing and implementing strategies to address foreign nationals’ work eligibility and mobility issues caused by business restructuring as a result of mergers and acquisitions.
- Assisting individual clients seeking immigration into Canada as traders, investors, self-employed persons, and entrepreneurs.
- Advising clients on their immigration options, from temporary status to permanent residence and ultimately, citizenship.
- Acting as immigration representative on temporary and permanent residence applications.
- Advocating for clients at various levels of the Canadian immigration system.
- Assisting clients in overcoming criminal and medical inadmissibility issues.
- Providing immigration strategies for francophone individuals.