600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Nova Scotia, 2000; Ontario, 1993
Legal Assistant(s): Sheryl Drysdale
Andrew is a highly skilled and effective litigator and advocate. He has been recognized by the (peer reviewed) publications Best Lawyers in Canada and Benchmark Canada, as a leading litigator. Andrew has appeared before the courts in Nova Scotia, Ontario and the Federal Court of Canada, as well as before arbitrators and mediators. His skills and dedication make the difference for his clients in many contexts, including:
- Acting for clients in complex commercial litigation matters, including shareholder disputes and oppression remedy litigation.
- In proceedings where urgent civil remedies are sought, such as injunctions.
- Acting in construction litigation matters, including tendering disputes, liens, breach of contract and negligence claims.
- The defence of architects, engineers and other professionals.
- Insurance defence and subrogation claims, including damage to property.
- Class actions.
- Defence of professionals such as brokers and financial advisors.
- Representation of financial institutions and banks.
- Estate litigation cases.
- Appearances before specialized Tribunals such as the Utility and Review Board.
- Expropriation cases.