600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Nova Scotia, 1981
Legal Assistant(s): Sheryl Drysdale
Providing legal services through a professional corporation.
Rob is an experienced advocate whose practice is focused on environmental, energy, corporate commercial litigation and administrative law. A fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, Rob helps clients understand the legal matters that concern them and maps out the most effective and efficient plan or approach.
In development projects, Rob provides strategic advice throughout the project life span from early conceptual project stages to final approvals, construction disputes, commissioning, operation and decommissioning. This advice includes approaches to early government interaction, community engagement and engagement with First Nations. He has acted as counsel in a wide variety of litigation before the Nova Scotia Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, private arbitration tribunals and the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board (UARB).
His practice includes:
- Acting as project manager for Nova Scotia Environment to draft omnibus environmental legislation for the provincial Environment Act
- Litigation of major commercial disputes, including energy and construction projects.
- Administrative tribunal work and appearances before the UARB on land use planning and development matters; expropriations; water, gas and electrical utility rate hearings; and hearings respecting municipal amalgamations and annexation.
- First Nations consultation, mutual benefits agreements and litigation respecting aboriginal rights.
- Litigation regarding property disputes and environmental matters
- Arbitrations, mediations and alternative dispute resolution.