600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Nova Scotia, 2015; Ontario, 2021
Legal Assistant(s): Ashlea Morash
Kyle has extensive experience across a range of industries (both regulated and unregulated) acting for vendors and purchasers in complex share and asset acquisition transactions, advising on equity financing matters including seed, angel and venture capital raises and negotiating complex commercial agreements. Kyle also regularly advises clients ranging from early stage ventures to large, established firms on corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
A small sample of Kyle’s representative experience includes:
- Advising several well-capitalized medical technology companies on capital raising, divestitures and general corporate matters.
- Acting for a large industrial services company in acquisition transactions across Canada.
- Advising a venture capital fund on multiple equity investment transactions in Nova Scotia.
- Acting for vendors in several sizeable auction-style share and asset dispositions.
- Advising early-stage companies and investors in early-stage companies on financing instruments and provincial tax incentive program matters.
- Acting for public companies in connection with private debt and equity placements and the public issuance of equity instruments.
- Acting for a large private company in connection with the negotiation of a series of complex commercial agreements.