Justin represents businesses, organizations and individuals on a wide range of corporate, commercial and real estate matters. Focusing on open communication, Justin strives to make complicated legal issues understandable for his clients.
Justin’s experience includes:
Mining, Natural Resources and Renewable Energy
- Acting for lenders and mining companies in mine finance transactions.
- Advising prospectors and junior mining companies on mineral rights, royalties and commercial agreements.
- Advising mine operators on commercial and regulatory matters.
- Advising renewable energy developers on property and project development matters.
- Acting as in-house legal counsel to a multinational oil and gas company on a secondment arrangement.
- Acting as co-counsel to a former Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador at the Commission of Inquiry Respecting the Muskrat Falls Project.
- Acting for companies and individuals in buying, selling and financing real estate.
- Advising commercial landlords and property owners and drafting leases and related agreements.
- Advising condominium developers and condominium corporations.
- Advising lenders and mortgage brokers on regulatory matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acting for companies and individuals in buying, selling and financing businesses and business assets, including:
- Acting on the sale of the assets of an operating mine;
- Acting on the sale of a majority equity stake in a business in the oil and gas sector;
- Acting on sales and acquisitions of various retail businesses, including franchises; and
- Acting on the sale of technology start-up companies.
- Advising professionals such as physicians, veterinarians, optometrists and lawyers on professional corporations and completing tax planned corporate organizations and reorganizations.
- Advising municipalities on property and development matters, including drafting subdivision agreements.
- Advising municipalities on property taxation and tax sales.
- Advising municipalities on commercial, contractual and regulatory matters.