Joe has a strong work ethic and a passion for customer service. He uses a solution-focused approach to help clients achieve their goals. His broad practice includes experience in banking & financing, bankruptcy, receivership & insolvency, commercial transactions/agreements, corporate formation/reorganization, estates & trusts, mergers & acquisitions, real property, and tax law.
Joe’s representative experience includes:
- Conducting research and drafting memoranda regarding leave to appeal under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- Assisting with strategizing and creating tax-advantageous estate plans including drafting ancillary documents to implement estate plans.
- Advising on corporate governance best practices for non-profit organizations and related charitable foundations.
- Conducting review of the terms of reference for a foundation’s board with view towards refinement and revision.
- Advising on the process for authentication of incorporation/formation documents for reliance internationally.
- Assisting with corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, and financings.
- Real property transactions ranging from single property acquisitions or dispositions to more complex private commercial transactions.