The founder of two start-ups himself, Kevin appreciates the difficult choices his clients face while they make their dreams a reality. He is firm that, with the right advice, changing the world is within anyone’s reach. He enjoys working everyday with risk-takers, dreamers and those questioning the status quo to build a better tomorrow. Kevin’s experience includes:
- Assisting clients with private placement capital raises and prospectus-exempt offerings of securities.
- Preparing public company disclosure documents and filings.
- Advising on exchange listing applications and interactions on TSXV and CSE.
- Completing Initial Public Offerings and Qualifying Transactions of Capital Pool Companies.
- Advising purchasers and targets in reverse takeovers or three corner amalgamations.
Mergers, Corporate and Commercial
- Facilitating the purchase and sale of corporations and corporate assets including through plans of arrangement.
- Negotiating and drafting key agreements ranging from Letters of Intent to Purchase Agreements.
- Consulting with start-ups from incorporation to IPO and beyond.
- Drafting shareholder agreements and advising on corporate governance.
- Administering corporate migrations into and out of Nova Scotia and Federal jurisdiction.
Banking and Financing
- Assisting institutional and private lenders in secured financing arrangements.
- Advising clients using financing for the purchase of businesses, real property, or other assets.
- Advising on applications, amendments, and regulatory compliance for licenses under the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations including: processing, cultivation, sale for medical purposes, analytical testing, research, nurseries, cannabis drug licenses and industrial hemp licenses.
- Assisting with raising capital and structuring amalgamations and business transactions in the cannabis sector.
- Drafting corporate agreements and documents specific to the cannabis sector and ancillary activities.