Katharine is a management-side employment, labour and human rights lawyer and workplace investigator. Within her practice, she assists employers of all shapes and sizes in navigating complex, and at times emotional, workplace challenges.
Katharine takes the time to carefully understand the specific needs and goals of her clients in order to find a solution that works for them. She provides services related to:
- Workplace investigations, including with respect to allegations of discrimination and harassment
- Employment contracts, workplace policies and procedures
- Workplace accommodations and human rights considerations
- Performance management and discipline
- Termination, severance and wrongful/constructive dismissal claims
- Labour relations, grievance arbitrations and collective bargaining
- Occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation
Katharine has appeared in Nova Scotia before the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, Labour Board, Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal, and has represented unionized employers in grievance arbitrations and collective bargaining negotiations.