65 Grafton St.
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Prince Edward Island, 2017
Legal Assistant(s): Daisha Richardson
Hilary practices in litigation & alternative dispute resolution. She provides employers, municipalities, insurers, individuals and professional associations with tailored advisory and advocacy services. Her representative experience includes:
- Providing employment advice to businesses and non-profit organizations with respect to accommodation issues, wrongful dismissal actions and human rights complaints.
- Assisting employers in handling and responding to workplace investigations.
- Acting for clients in drafting, negotiating, and executing employment documentation, including employment contracts, confidentiality agreements, and non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Preparing submissions on behalf of private corporations objecting to the disclosure of information subject to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requests.
- Representing a professional association pursuing disciplinary action against its members for breaches of a professional code of conduct.
- Representing municipalities on land use planning appeals before the Island Regulatory and Appeals Commission.
- Acting as agent for the Public Prosecution Service of Canada, prosecuting Controlled Drugs and Substances Act offences in Provincial Court and in the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island.
- Acting for municipalities seeking to enforce compliance with municipal bylaws in the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island.