Conor practices in commercial litigation and specializes in the resolution of construction and insurance claims, liens, surety bond claims, product liability issues, and architects’, engineers’ and other professionals’ errors and omissions issues. Conor has acted as counsel before the New Brunswick Court of King’s Bench, New Brunswick Court of Appeal, Ontario Superior Court of Justice, arbitration tribunals, and the Energy and Utilities Board of New Brunswick. Examples of his work include:
- Representing general contractors, sureties and owners in dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration and litigation.
- Drafting and negotiating various forms of construction contracts on behalf of owners, developers, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Managing complex litigation involving multiple parties and large volumes of documents.
- Successfully defending an engineer in defence of a $48 million action over the course of a 54-day trial.
- Obtained the largest costs award in a New Brunswick trial decision.
- Represented a general contractor in respect of a $12 million lien claim in relation to a sports centre.
- Represented an EPCM project manager in a $300 million mining dispute.
- Represented a design-builder in respect of claims in relation to a public-private partnership highway dispute.
- Regulatory work relating to electricity utility rates and rate design.