Levi’s practice is focused on insurance and litigation & alternative dispute resolution. He has worked with a wide variety of clients in the insurance industry, from property to personal injury, as well as with individual clients advising on real property disputes, contractual disputes, and family law matters. Levi also has experience in medical malpractice and professional liability, which is a practice area of interest.
As one of very few trans lawyers in Nova Scotia, Levi is passionate about improving the accessibility of the legal system, especially for trans and gender-diverse individuals. He is passionate about trans-competent lawyering, and implementing gender-affirming practices both in and out of the courtroom.
Levi has experience:
- Assisting with an Application in Court related to a property dispute, including drafting motions documents, researching and drafting necessary submissions, and ongoing support for the lead lawyer. Also prepared submissions for costs indemnification on successful evidentiary motion
- Assisting with the preparation for a Small Claims Court hearing related to a property insurance claim – reviewed and summarized disclosure, attended numerous client meetings to prepare for direct and cross-examination, researched and drafted Court submissions
- Assisting with the preparation of a variety of motions related to a complex commercial litigation matters, including drafting motion documents and portions of submissions for motions for summary judgement, interlocutory injunction and contempt
- Assisting with the preparation for a successful judicial settlement conference on a family law matter, including research on key issues and preparation of settlement brie
- Assisting with a hearing before the Labour Board regarding exclusion from bargaining unit on behalf of a large corporation, including preparing questions for direct examination, assisting lead lawyer with preparing client for examination, and drafting post-hearing submissions
- Participating in discoveries and preparing disclosure and discovery reporting letters for various insurance clients