600-1741 Lower Water Street
Working with a diverse group of clients which include financial institutions, construction contractors, developers, engineers, insurers, landlords/tenants, manufacturers and shareholders, some of the ways Colin has helped his clients are by:
- Representing a mechanical contractor in the arbitration of a delay claim arising from the construction of an electrostatic precipitator.
- Representing a geophysical contractor in a billing dispute with a subcontractor involving commercial fraud.
- Representing a municipal contractor in a tendering dispute.
- Representing an investment dealer in a wrongful dismissal claim.
- Representing a sprinkler head manufacturer in a product liability claim.
- Representing shareholders in a variety of shareholders disputes.
Notable decisions Colin has been involved in include:
- Gulf Operators Ltd. v. Acciona Agua Canada Inc., 2021 NBCA 26 (CanLII)
- The Jeanery Limited v. Dartmouth Crossing Limited, 2020 NSSC 297
- Transport Canpar, L.P. v. 3258042 Nova Scotia Limited, 2020 NSSC 274
- LED Roadway Lighting Ltd. v Alltrade Industrial Contractors Inc., 2019 NSSC 62
- Clyde Bergemann Canada Ltd. v Lorneville Mechanical Contractors Ltd., 2018 NSCA 14
- Lorneville Mechanical Contractors Ltd. v Clyde Bergemann Canada Ltd., 2017 NSSC 119
- Big X Holdings Inc. v. Royal Bank of Canada, 2015 NSSC 184
- Big X Holdings Inc. v. Royal Bank of Canada, 2014 NSSC 368, 2014 CarswellNS 763
- Spidell v. LaHave Equipment Ltd., 2014 NSSC 255, 2014 CarswellNS 559
- MacArthur Estate, Re, 2013 NSSC 157, 2013 CarswellNS 373
- Acadia Drywall Supplies Ltd. v. BBL.Con Design Build…, 2013 NSSC 13, 2013
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce v. CNH Capital Ltd., 2013 NSCA 35
- CNH Capital Canada Ltd. v. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, 2012 NSSC 149, 2012
- Sable Mary Seismic Inc. v Geophysical Service Inc. 2012 NSCA 33
- Carrigan v. Berkshire Securities Inc., 2010 NSSC 373
- Halifax (Regional Municipality) v. England Paving & Contracting Ltd., 2009 NSSC 224