600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Ontario, 2017; Nova Scotia, 2019
Legal Assistant(s): Linsay Newell
Brendan advises businesses and individuals on their Canadian immigration path. He guides Canadian and foreign-based organizations on possible routes to bring in foreign workers to fill a labour shortage, to bring in a foreign employee possessing specialized knowledge, or to allow the company to have the necessary personnel in place to fulfill the terms of a contract. Brendan’s representation of clients include:
- Providing immigration strategies for businesses needing to bring foreign workers to Canada and to individuals seeking to extend their temporary resident status or seeking permanent residence.
- Assisting employers with Labour-Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications, and LMIA-exempt applications and advising them on their resulting obligations.
- Working with individuals to determine their eligibility for temporary residence and to obtain work permits, and visitor visas.
- Providing guidance to individual clients on pathways to permanent residency and assisting them with building these applications.
- Guiding clients with regards to immigration matters being assessed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, Service Canada and Canadian Border Services.