Tauna is a corporate commercial lawyer who provides advice on a range of transactional and day-to-day business matters. Tauna assists her clients in negotiating and closing mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, financings and reorganizations. She provides strategic advice to corporations, directors and shareholders related to corporate governance matters and regularly advises on contract interpretation and compliance matters. She acts for clients who are going public (including via traditional IPOs, CPCs and RTOs of listed entities) and closes broker and non-brokered private placements and public offerings for her clients. In the natural resources space, Tauna’s experience has been principally in the areas of mining and oil and gas (offshore), including transactional and contractual matters and knowledge of all facets of provincial mining legislation. Tauna’s clients include a range of public companies, owner-managed businesses, municipalities, engineering and other professional services firms.
Selected representative engagements, include:
Mergers & acquisitions:
- Acting for a private company in the purchase of a mechanical engineering, design and consulting business and the related bank financing of such purchase.
- Acting for a private company on the acquisition of an outdoor accessories design and distribution company.
- Acting for a private company in the purchase of a metal fabrication business and related bank financing.
- Acting for various vendors in divesting their businesses, including automobile dealerships, restaurants, beauty supply business, engineering services firms, among others.
- Negotiating shareholders agreements in closely held family companies, joint venture companies and more widely held start-up companies.
- Advising boards of directors and management on navigating fiduciary duties and corporate and contractual obligation.
- Advising both widely held private companies and closely held private companies during contested shareholder meetings and contentious board of directors meetings.
- Preparing and advising boards of directors on corporate governance policies.
- Acting for a TSX-listed issuer on a significant business acquisition and related short form bought deal prospectus offering of subscription receipts.
- Acting for a capital pool company in the completion of its qualifying transaction and listing of securities on the TSXV.
- Acting for both issuers and dealers in broker private placements and public offerings.
- Acting for a producing mining company in significant financing and equity investment.
- Acting for bridge finance company in significant loan and follow-on loan to a mining company entering into mine development.
- Acting for various junior mining exploration companies in option, joint venture and royalty agreements and related matters.
- Acting for service providers in the oil and gas industry, including negotiation of drilling contracts, supply contracts and terms and conditions.
- Acting for lender clients on financings of commercial enterprises and commercial real property, including taking security over real and personal property in the province of Newfoundland & Labrador.