Kim’s practice is focused primarily on the marine sector, including representing ship owners, insurers, mortgagees and creditors in arrests, releases, bail, and settlements for ships and providing advice on the types of security available and preparing that security for lenders and borrowers. Through that work, Kim has developed a niche practice drafting and reviewing commercial contracts related to the renewable energy sector.
Her experience includes:
- Acting for ship owners in marine regulatory matters.
- Acting for ship owners and as correspondent for P & I clubs in matters such as ship arrests, collisions, cargo claims, and environmental infractions.
- Acting for clients in various aspects of maritime litigation, including collisions, submarine cable contacts, cargo claims, personal injury, charterparty disputes, limitation of liability, debt collection, tendering disputes, regulatory matters and marine insurance.
- Acting for ship owners and other interests in vessel registrations, conveyances and financings, and commercial marine contract advice, including charter parties, ship building contracts, and ship repair contracts.
- Providing advice on coasting trade issues.
- Defending environmental prosecutions.
- Providing advice on an option agreement for the lease of land related to the development and operation of a wind farm and a hydrogen production, storage and export project.
- Providing advice on the permitting requirements for the conversion of a fossil fuel refinery to a biofuel refinery.