Suite 601, Blue Cross Centre
644 Main St.
Language(s) spoken: English, French
Bar Admission(s): New Brunswick, 2014
Legal Assistant(s): Amanda Agnew
Tessa has built a client-focused, strategic, and results-oriented practice. Fully bilingual, she is a skilled communicator dedicated to building strong relationships with clients. Tessa has extensive experience in litigation, having represented clients in a wide range of civil and commercial disputes. In addition to her litigation experience, Tessa is focused on a growing labour practice. She has advised employers and employees on a range of labour-related issues, including collective bargaining, wrongful dismissal claims, and workplace safety.
Tessa’s representative experience includes:
- Termination, severance, and claims of wrongful and constructive dismissal.
- Occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation.
- Labour relations, harassment, workplace investigations, grievances, and arbitrations.
- Employment and contractor agreements, policies, and procedures.
- Advising employers with respect to workplace policies, disciplinary procedures and compliance with legal requirements.
- Structuring successful hires.
- Advising vendors and purchasers on employment matters that arise in corporate transactions.
- Performance management and discipline.
- Workplace accommodation and claims of discrimination.
- Union applications for certification and collective bargaining.
- Enforcement of post-employment duties, including restrictive covenants.