Erin obtains excellent and timely results for her clients. In addition to leading complex commercial litigation files (particularly insurance, construction, and real estate), her varied practice includes providing guidance in matters relating to entertainment, media, privacy, and the acquisition and protection of intellectual property (trademarks, copyright, and trade secrets). She is the past chair of Stewart McKelvey’s NL Litigation Group and the Canadian Bar Association’s National Intellectual Property Section.
Erin has assisted her clients by:
- Acting as lead counsel for the City of Corner Brook on a successful appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada in Corner Brook (City) v. Bailey where a unanimous judgment was received on a contractual interpretation matter.
- Appearing before all levels of court in Newfoundland and Labrador, the Federal Court, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Developing and implementing high level litigation, privacy and corporate structuring strategies.
- Acting as lead counsel for Premier Kathy Dunderdale at the Muskrat Falls Public Inquiry. Hearings proceeded for a full year and involved over a million documents.
- Acting as lead counsel for the applicant in a successful class action with over a million class members, resulting in an award of $20 million for class members.
- Acting as counsel for the Intervenor, APTN, in a significant media law appeal decision wherein an injunction was vacated helping to relieve journalist Justin Brake of the consequences of a contempt order.