Lynn is a lawyer with a master’s degree in law focusing on human rights and equity, and is recognized as a Canadian Certified Inclusion Professional through the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, and Lynn is a Qualified Administrator of the Intercultural Development Inventory, a tool used to measure intercultural competencies.
Lynn has 20 years of experience providing training and coaching on diversity, equity, and inclusion, including:
- Providing one-on-one coaching on DEI issues, inclusive leadership, group coaching on mitigating bias, developing inter-cultural competence, and building cultures of inclusion;
- Developing and delivering respectful workplace and DEI online training series, leadership development curriculum to management teams, and educational curriculum focused on bias mitigation, increasing cultural competence, inclusive mentorship & sponsorship, and inclusive leadership;
- Developing DEI best practices in recruitment toolkits;
- Providing numerous training and workshops on issues relating to DEI;
- Regular speaker at conferences and events on DEI including with NALP (National Association for Law Placement), the Canadian Bar Association, the Ontario Bar Association, York University, the University of Western Ontario, McGill University, and Cape Breton University;
- Leading Stewart McKelvey’s DEI strategy with support from the Executive as an active member of the Firm’s DEI Committee and the Director of Human Resources;
- Building a DEI program from initial concept through to final completion;
- Revamping recruitment processes with a view to reducing bias and enhancing diversity and inclusion; and
- Leading a renewed onboarding, orientation, training, engagement, and performance management program strategy to reduce bias and foster a culture of inclusion.
As the Firm’s director of human resources, Lynn works with staff and lawyers to build a positive, engaged, inclusive, healthy and productive workplace. By investing in our members, we also invest in providing the best to our clients. Lynn provides human resources leadership to our six Atlantic Canadian offices, and brings her legal background, as well as over 10 years of human resources and diversity and inclusion expertise, to the table.