Ryan has devoted his practice to helping families effectively navigate family breakdown. As a husband and a father, he knows how important family is, and how difficult it is to trust someone to help walk you through the process. He also recognizes that no two situations are the same. He prioritizes a compassionate, client first approach, and works with his clients to develop focused strategies and solutions that fit each family’s specific needs and circumstances.
Some of the ways Ryan has assisted clients include:
- Negotiating settlements in difficult parenting, child support, and spousal support matters.
- Handling the division of property, businesses and pensions for high net worth individuals.
- Assisting grand-parents and representing children impacted by separating parents.
- Advising child protection organizations.
- Assisting parties in estate matters, from the initial planning stages to contented matters before the Court.
In approaching high-conflict matters, whether it is a child protection matter, parenting issue, property division, estate or support issue, Ryan finds value in helping parties find creative solutions outside of Court, given these resolutions offer more control and satisfaction to the parties.
In the event that court or litigation are necessary, Ryan is adept at ensuring his client’s interests are placed before the Court in a fulsome and efficient manner, and has successfully represented clients at all levels of Court, including the PEI Supreme Court, PEI Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.