Suite 1000, Brunswick House
44 Chipman Hill
Saint John, N.B.
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): New Brunswick, 2011
Joel has experience working as in-house counsel on the strategic aspects of business transactions, which allowed him to gain perspective of matters that go beyond purely legal considerations. He has considerable experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions work and financings, as well as business agreements generally, and works with clients such as aquaculture, seafood processing and distribution, and trucking. Joel has:
- Acted for True North Seafood, Inc. in its acquisition of the business of Mariner Seafood, LLC.
- Acted for Cooke Inc. in its acquisitions of the Seajoy Seafood Corporation and Farallon Aquaculture de Nicaragua S.A. groups, together constituting one of the largest vertically integrated, premium shrimp farms in Latin America.
- Acted for The Fish Company, Inc. in its acquisition of the business of All Seas Wholesale, Inc.
- Acted for Cooke Omega Investments Inc. in its US$500 million acquisition of Omega Protein Corporation and subsidiaries.
- Acted for Cooke Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of Fripur S.A.
- Acted for ISInvestCo, Inc. in its acquisition of Icicle Seafoods, Inc. and related financing.
- Acted for Cooke Seafood USA, Inc. in its acquisition of the Wanchese Fish Company, Inc. group and related financing.