Alanna’s clients come to her looking for immediate and practical advice on a range of matters. Some of the ways she has helped her clients include:
- Acting as an agent for some of Canada’s largest law firms on entities incorporated under the laws of Atlantic Canada. This work includes assisting on corporate restructuring projects, insolvency, financing and other general corporate matters.
- Advising various local/national lenders and their agents to provide advice on, determine validity of, and otherwise effect the realization of security.
- Acting as counsel to startup companies in all respects (from incorporation through investments and exits).
- Acting as counsel to a number of non-profit and charitable organizations on matters concerning incorporation, good governance, government compliance requirements and general advice.
- Acting as local counsel on behalf of Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust in its acquisition of Canmarc Real Estate Investment Trust by way of a takeover bid, creating one of the largest diversified REITs in Canada and enhancing Cominar’s enterprise value to approximately $4.6 billion (as of the date of the acquisition) and in connection with subsequent secured financings following acquisition.
- Acting as local counsel in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia on behalf of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with a third amended and restated credit and guaranty agreement, providing Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. with revolving facilities and term facilities in the aggregate principal amount of $3.1 billion.
- Acting on behalf of Cooke Aquaculture Inc., True North Salmon US Inc. and Salmones Cupquelan S.A. in connection with the refinancing of their existing credit facilities by entering into a credit agreement with, among others, National Bank of Canada, as administrative agent, whereby certain operating and term credit facilities totaling approximately $300,000,000 were made available to Cooke Aquaculture Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Acting on behalf of CanZinco Ltd. and Breakwater Resources Ltd. in the CCAA proceedings of Blue Note Caribou Mines Inc. in relation the interests of CanZinco Ltd. and Breakwater Resources Ltd. in an open pit mine located in Restigouche, New Brunswick. Successful at both the Queens Bench and Court of Appeal levels.